Sunday, July 28, 2013

Canoe Cove Garden Tour

This year, for the first time, (but hopefully not the last), the Canoe Cove Women's Institute is featuring a summer Garden Tour in the Canoe Cove/Bonshaw area.


The Tour Committee has been working hard for the last couple months to pull together a fantastic show of six gardens.

The Date:          Saturday, August 10, 2013
The Time:          1 - 5 pm
The Gardens:    There are 6 gardens to choose from.  It is your choice
                             how many you attend and in what order.  A map of the
                             garden locations is printed on the back of your ticket for easy
                             reference.

I'm especially excited to see Garden #4 which belongs to Bev and Don Ridley.  This garden was featured in Canadian Gardening magazine's Fall/Winter 2012 edition and features a stunning collection of trees and shrubs.

Garden #6 belongs to Women's Institute and Garden Committee member Cindy MacKenzie.  Cindy has graciously agreed to not only open up her garden but will also be hosting an old fashioned English Tea party.

BUT THAT'S NOT ALL!  In addition, Bev Ridley has donated a beautiful hand made quilt to be raffled off (pictured on the above ticket).

So what are you waiting for?  Raffle tickets are $2 each or 3 for $5.  Garden tour tickets are $10 each.
All tickets can be purchased from myself or Garden Committee Members .  Contact us as follows:

Marguerite at canoecorner AT hotmail DOT com
Kim at 902-675-4040
Gina at 902-675-3322

All proceeds from the tour and the raffle will be donated to Hospice PEI.  This charitable organization provides care and support to those living with or dying from a life-threatening illness, as well as their families, throughout Prince Edward Island.

18 comments:

Lisa at Greenbow said...

Wow, sounds like fun. Wish I didn't live so far away, I would like to attend.

CanadianGardenJoy said...

Oh my gosh Marguerite girl !
I so wish I could see these gardens (and win that quilt!)
This is going to be a wonderful tour and I hope you take loads of pictures!!
I will keep my fingers crossed that the weather will be perfect and lots of tickets are sold .. the price is very reasonable!
This is going to be a wonderful event .. have fun with it girl!
Joy : )

Rose said...

I love garden tours! Our MG group hosts a garden walk every year, and even our small town has a tour most years. I've been amazed at the number of beautiful gardens that exist in our area. I always come home with some new ideas, which is the best part.

Jennifer said...

Hope the garden tour is a big success.

Michelle said...

Hope you're going to put that on Facebook. If there's a link, I will gladly share it. I have a poop load of relatives over there.

The Witch said...

Love garden tours. We actual attend quite a few over the Summer but this one has a good cause behind it. Just may see you there. I hope in the future you but your house on the tour guide. You have done such wonderful work on your gardens. Hows the house scrapping and painting coming along?

Sarah Shoesmith said...

I hope you're going to do a post or two on the garden tour! It sounds like it will be a lovely afternoon. I hope you raise lots of money for this excellent charity!

Hoehoegrow said...

Sounds fab ! Bit too far to travel... have a lovely day!

Unknown said...

What a lovely event. Does it happen every year? I could put in on the calendar for next year? That would be so much fun.

CanadianGardenJoy said...

Hello Marguerite girl !
No .. it isn't Quick Fire .. I have that one too .. under the overhang in the front garden. This one is going to drive me nuts trying to find out what it is .. but I am determined!
Lord .. I didn't do anything in the garden yesterday because the weather said it would rain all night and today .. did it ? NOPE!!! .. it is dark this morning but still no rain .. I am so sick of the drought .. I can water easier with the new hose but natural rain would be so nice .. I don't know either how this happened !!LOL
Joy : )

Optimistic Existentialist said...

This really does sound like an amazing event. Will you be posting about it afterwards?

Marguerite said...

done

Marguerite said...

Would be great if you could come! The house progress is slow slow slow. The sanding is now complete. Next step is the primer. However, we're going camping and company coming... could be awhile before the house is completely finished.

Marguerite said...

coulda sworn, it looks just like Quickfire. They have such a distinct flower shape. Now it'll drive me crazy!

Marguerite said...

Thanks everyone! would you believe that after all the planning... I'm going to be away the day of the tour! the stars did not align on this one. I'm hoping to convince someone to take a few photos though and report back to me.

Marguerite said...

road trip?? ;) that's a heck of a long way from Texas ...

Unknown said...

It does sound like a lot of fun, and I wish I could be there, too. Not enough hours in the day, week, month.

Janet, The Queen of Seaford said...

Hope you had a great turnout for the garden tour.