Sunday, February 13, 2022

A New Adventure


 

 

There was a time I thought about removing this blog from the internet completely.  At one point in my life it brought me joy to share my journey in what was my new home.  But life moved in other directions and it's been years since I've put it to use.  When I looked at the stats though I saw that it was of use to others.  Weather patterns, seed collecting, the best kinds of tomatoes.  People have found bits and pieces of useful information so I have left it be.  

Now here I am years later and this blog has found it's place in my life again.  The world isn't quite so simple these days.  Changing climate, pandemic and civil unrest.  There is a lot to be anxious about, and frustrated.  In the last weeks I turn on the tv and become angry.  The state of Canada is shocking to say the least.  There's a lot I would like to say about that.  Things I would like to shout from the rooftops.  But there's already a great divide in this country and a lot of people saying a lot of things.  For better or worse.

So instead I will note that when life gets you down you must choose how you respond to it.  I'm choosing to respond by changing course in a positive manner.  Years ago I had thought briefly of working in the agricultural sector, perhaps sharing the seeds that brought me so much joy. That thought was pushed aside at the time in favour of my nine to five job.  I have continued to garden, and save seed.  Many of those seeds gifts from other bloggers and readers.  And now I am making myself ready to try a new adventure.  The garden is expanding this year.  Currently my vegetable garden contains a half dozen raised beds and as many in ground as seen below.

This spring, part of the field beside the garden will get turned over.  Approximately 3600 square feet to start.  My favourite heirloom seeds will be planted with the hope to preserve them for future generations.  Over the last two years people have begun gardening in earnest.  Growing fresh healthy and cheap food for their families.  I hope these seeds will find their way into those hands for people to enjoy for years to come.  



5 comments:

Gina Bee said...

Good for you!

Gardeningbren said...

So pleased to see your post. I too have been collecting seeds and even sold some, all prettily packaged up, last year. It gave me a great feeling and I know it will do the same for you. I wish you the very best Marguerite and a wonderful growing season. Great Post by the way.

jpotuchek said...

Marguerite, What a treat to see a post from you. Good luck with your inspiring new gardening adventure! -Jean at Jean's Garden

elaine said...

How surprising it was to see a post from you in my inbox - it is a few years since I posted too - it will be fascinating to see how your gardening journey progresses

Marguerite said...

So nice to see some familiar faces!! Thanks so much ladies for your support. I wasn't sure I would know any bloggers anymore but I'm glad to see you are all still writing