Jean @ Jean's Garden - one of the most organized gardeners I know
Karin @ Southern Meadows - who inspires with the many horticultural classes she is undertaking
Kevin @ Nitty Gritty Dirt Man - fellow seed addict
Norah @ Aagaard Farms - who raises some of the darn cutest pigs I've ever laid eyes on
Blog awards have rules so here goes (following them is another matter):
- Include the Versatile Blogger Award logo in the post.
- Thank the blogger who nominated you with a link back to their blog.
- Share 7 completely random pieces of information about yourself.
- Include this set of rules.
- Forward this award to 15 fellow bloggers, and inform them with a comment on each of their blogs.
Next step is the random pieces of information bit. Sounded like something you might do on a first date so with that thought in mind I figured I would go for some classic getting to know you information.
1. My Favourite Book. I'm a reader and have been as long as I can remember. In fact this photo below is of my current pile of books waiting to be read.
It doesn't even include the books downloaded to my Kobo! As you can see there's garden books, victorian novels, biography, fiction and non-fiction. Fiction is by far my favourite and Jeanette Winterson is a favourite writer. I read her novel The Passion when I was in college and it's stuck with me over the years.
2. Favourite Movie. I'm not picky. Science fiction, drama, comedy, documentaries. I'll watch pretty much anything and if I like it I will watch it over and over again. One of my favourite activities when we lived in the city was attending the annual International Film Festival. A few movies on my over and over again list are Dumb and Dumber; Harvey; Harold and Maude; The Others and Gentlemen Prefer Blondes.
3. Favourite Colour. Well that would depend on what it's being used for. I love red and own a number of red jackets and sweaters. I even painted the piano room floor red. In the garden I love yellow, bright and vibrant it glows in the late summer sun. Green is calming to me. New green in spring on the trees, shady green spots on a hot summer day, bright green peridot earings, green t-shirts and green glass vases lined up in my bay window.
4. Favourite Music. Despite the fact that I grew up listening to 80's pop music I prefer folk music to anything else. Musicians who can write and play and sing have all of my respect. My itunes playlist heavily features Paul Simon, Joni Mitchell, Cat Stevens and John Denver.
5. Favourite Food. Grilled kebabs in summer, anything that features cilantro, home made tomato soup, and my weakness, good chocolate.
6. Favourite Flower in the Garden. Well it is a garden blog so I couldn't not tell you about my favourite flowers. Dahlias are like candy to me. I can't have just one. So many sizes and colours and shapes.
Just when I think I have no more room in my house to store the tubers I buy another one.
And now for my reading list of fellow bloggers. This is a list of blogs I frequent on a regular basis for their good sense, their candid writing and their ability to share their gardens and their lives in such a delightful manner. Please take a moment to visit their blogs.