Pretty scary. The first task, obviously, was to clear out the weeds. Once that was done I discovered there was an apple tree under all that mess. And room for new plants.
So at last spring's plant sale I picked up numerous purchased and quickly filled this bed right up. All too quickly I realized it needed to be much bigger than it was.
|Running out of room already!|
|I wanted the original circle to extend much farther into the lawn|
|Extended as far as the birch tree but just couldn't dig anymore.|
|Finally! The bed is now extended past the birch.|
The photo above is from an upstairs window. Sorry for the grainy visual which is due to a very dirty fly screen. But I wanted to capture an overhead view. It is HUGE. It stretches across the entire front of our house separating the house entrance from the apple orchard and effectively creating two distinct areas.
With all that lawn finally cleared I've had my hands full working to fill it back up.