Wednesday, January 11, 2012
I received this Liebster award just before Christmas and with all the hurry of the holidays almost forgot to post about it. Better too late than never. The first thing I would like to say is a big thank you to The Witch for her kind words and thoughtfulness. The Witch is a fellow islander (can I say that? I'm not a legitimate Prince Edward Islander, I'm From Away, but I've spent a number of years on other islands) and a gardener and a lover of all things Halloween. If you've ever wanted to build your own gazebo you should visit this lady's blog. It even has it's own unique weathervane.
Next up is The Liebster Rules:
1. Thank the giver and link back to the blogger who gave the award to you.
2. Reveal your top 5 picks and let them know by leaving a comment on their blog.
3. Copy and paste the award on your blog.
4. Have faith that your followers will spread the love to other bloggers.
5. And most of all have fun!
Naming my top 5 blogs that I frequent proved to be a difficult task. I read a lot of blogs, mostly about gardening, and I found it almost impossible to choose. I wandered around in blog land for awhile trying to decide and then I thought, why not nominate 5 blogs that are new to me. I have noticed some new readers to my blog lately and this was a good chance for me to go check out their blogs. So here are my top 5 picks:
1. Is It Done Yet? Gardening and cooking. I spend a lot of time doing both of those so my interest was peaked immediately. The first recipe I spotted talked about cornbread (yes please!) and shredded chicken with a side of chow chow. It just so happens I have a bottle of homemade chow in the fridge. I'm drooling already.
2. Simply Susans Place Bright tropical colours and flowers in bloom. Where have I landed? Florida. And she has a post dedicated to yellow flowers. Be still my heart.
3. Kentish Keg Meg A look at life on the other side of the Atlantic. Topics include cooking, gardening and books. Books may be my second love to gardening, particularly in the cold winter season, so I'm always interested in finding out what's good to read. There is a handy list of books this lady has read in the last year that is chock full of ideas of what book I should pick up next.
4. Guildwood Gardens This blog is worth a peak just to see the handmade wreaths. My favourite is the one made of mountain ash berries. I've never seen anything quite like it.
5. Lea's Menagerie After perusing this blog I think I need to visit Mississippi simply to see for myself some of the spectacular sunrises featured here. Lea shows off her considerable photography skills in several meme's but my favourite is the Scavenger Hunt. I haven't heard of this one before. A list of words is posted for bloggers and they 'scavenge' photographs in response that suit the words. Very clever and some remarkable photos to boot.
I guess that brings me to #4 in the Rules. Have faith that your blog readers will spread the love. Well I know that garden bloggers are a loving group of people so I have no trouble believing this fun award will continue to be passed on and more fantastic blogs will be revealed for others to enjoy.